...so any time now, I can finish those Mittens from Halland. Seriously. Aaaaany time now. The purple Essential is for the Bavarian Rockstar socks, and I bought the blue-grey Gloss because the color is called "Dolphin." Who can resist Dolphin Yarn?
I've turned the heel of the first Healthy Spine sock, and have done a whopping two pattern repeats on the leg. That's because - you guessed already, I can tell - I've been sidetracked.
For the last week or so I've been picturing the cardigan I want to knit: a cute, short (not cropped, just top-of-hip short) cardi with short sleeves, in a feather-and-fan lace pattern, and it had to use the six balls of Cotton-Ease I've had in the stash for like five years. Nothing like that surfaced in my intensive 20-minute search of free internet patterns, so I decided I can do this my ownself anyway. I actually knit a gauge swatch (blech), and was lucky enough to get a really good gauge on the first try (one feather-and-fan repeat is 4" on 5.5mm needles), did a quick calculation and cast on the back. Many, many more calculations will be required to figure out the two fronts, the armholes, and the sleeves (I'm going for set-in), but I'll cross that scary, rickety mathematical bridge when I get to it. I really want this sweater.
I've been quietly, in my head, referring to this sweater as "Peg," so that must be its name. It's a good name; it was my great-grandmother's name. I'll bet she knit a few cardigans in her day!
No comments:
Post a Comment