...almost a year?! Holy cow. In a couple of weeks here I'll have to use a word that sort of annoys me ("Blogiversary!" "Gesundheit."), but I like the concept. Almost a year! Cool.
The sitting room still stuns me every time I walk into it ("Hey! It looks nice in here!"). The crafty storage bin is now filled with about 400 tiny bags of beads, some painting supplies, and a hot glue gun. We gave away a stack of outgrown children's books to the school library, and a supply of perfectly serviceable and attractive fabric that I was never going to use went to the local Project Linus chapter. Now the only thing still out of place is the broken sewing machine...I should get that fixed - and cleaned, because it occurred to me that the buildup of dust might be why it doesn't work - and then Miss Dashwood and I can learn to use it properly. (Miss Dashwood really wants to learn to sew. We're hoping the store that offered the skirt-sewin' class last spring will offer a kid's class this summer.)
And I finished a sock!
Here's Healthy Spine #1. Knit on my usual 2.75mm double-points with KnitPicks Risata. This was the first time I've used Risata - 42% cotton, 39% superwash wool, 13% polyamid, and 6% Elite, which I should look up because I don't know what it is - it's nice to work with, easy on the hands and not splitty at all. The yarn itself has a bit of a bumpy texture, and it doesn't hold cables well - I tried a cabled pattern, but the cables looked terrible, so I frogged it and started Healthy Spine, which was definitely the right decision. This is a very nice sock indeed. But I've decided to finish the back of Peg before starting Healthy Spine #2 - Peg hasn't seen a lot of action the last few days, so it's time to listen to this week's Sticks and String and get knitting!
No comments:
Post a Comment