Monday, May 12, 2008

This one's for you, Sergeant Angel


This is the wee embroidery project I mentioned on Friday. I finished it up Saturday afternoon, during the first game of a day-night doubleheader. I quite like it, and El Fuego thinks it's terrific, so all that's left is to find a place of honor for it. (I seriously almost bought a Japanese peace lily last weekend. Obsessive? Moi? Not much.)

Hope all you moms out there had a Happy Mother's Day! I did. I got some knitting needles and a couple of very nice cards, handmade by my sweet and wonderful children. We had a Mario Party, and I got a lot of knitting done while watching the Reds game.

I started an Edgar scarf on Saturday, and may I ask how I managed to miss this before? This pattern is so much fun, and so cool-looking. It's not as if I don't read Knitty. Edgar is even in the same issue as Samus, a cardigan I've been looking at out the corner of my eye for a looooong time. Someday I may actually knit it.

Speaking of Knitty, for my next big project I'm considering Juno Regina. You mustn't hold me to that; I may develop sweaty palms and suddenly cast on a big chunky hat or something. After all, Juno contains a knit four together

*faints*

And I can barely handle a knit THREE together. Four?! Knit FOUR together? Frightening. But it would be worth it to face my fears and execute a few knit-four-togethers to have a wrap as gorgeous as Juno. And to be able to say I knit it myself. And to point to the knit-four-togethers and say, "See this one? And this? And this here? I did that. At great risk to my mental health. The year was 2008..." etc.

But before I bore everyone into a coma with that, I'd better finish up Edgar, and maybe a couple of pairs of socks that I have lying around.

2 comments:

Helene said...

Knit four together? The secret is to use either the Addi Turbo Lace Needles or the KnitPicks Options. Both have a very sharp point. Makes it eazy-breazy.

Steph said...

A knitter of your determination and calibre? Of course you can do it!