Nice Pac-Man pose, there. *wakkawakkawakka* I'm currently working on the gusset, and now it's confession time: I don't like knitting gussets. It's the most awkward part of the sock, the part where I'm most likely to decrease on the wrong round or poke myself in the eye with a wayward double-point. But I'll finish it up and move on to the foot, which is fine, and then the toe, which is actually fun. Not as much fun as the heel, but fun!
And it's finally time to reveal my progress on Seascape. Here it is, all 24 rows of it:
Dear El Fuego: yes, that's one of your shirts. I needed a dark background for the Alpaca Cloud in Sand Heather. Thanks for your assistance! (Well, for your shirt's assistance.)
It's been difficult, this weekend, to keep working on Jaywalker; I really want to get back to the lace. If you had told me, when I first started knitting, that in a mere six years I'd be addicted to the knitting of tiny, fine yarn on size 4 needles, I'd have had a good laugh. If you'd told me about the socks on size 2 double-points, I'd have laughed even harder. But never mind that. I'm trying, now, to save the lace as a reward: finish the Moebius Scarf and at least the first Jaywalker, and then I can work on Seascape and Juno! Yaaaay Seascape and Juno!
I'll finish up this post with one of my Nature Shots: This is the wool for Dainty Bess, my Ravelympics entry. It's KnitPicks Shadow in the Grape Jelly colorway (sadly discontinued...as if the world needs less bright purple rather than more!), and it's perched in Horatio's strawberry plant.
2 comments:
". If you had told me, when I first started knitting, that in a mere six years I'd be addicted to the knitting of tiny, fine yarn on size 4 needles, I'd have had a good laugh. If you'd told me about the socks on size 2 double-points, I'd have laughed even harder."
You're telling me. My ears are still burning from all the cuss words that came out when you were learning it. You'd think you had been in the Navy or something.
I'm getting cold beans again tonight for dinner, aren't I?
Great colourway for those Jaywalkers! Notice the plural there - I'm expecting you will do that second sock too..
Well done with your achievements btw. No matter how many cuss words were involved. ;-)
Post a Comment