Sunday, July 6, 2008

Project Update

What am I doing? How am I ever going to finish all these projects? And most importantly, when can I cast on something new?

Why am I in this handbasket?

Yes, it's time for Project Analysis with Crafty Peach! Let's see what's happening:


This is Pi Shawl - my main project at the moment. It's dead easy, because I've left out anything that might be considered "lace," and the color changes keep me entertained; I love how it went from concentric circles in the middle to Urban Camo on the outside. There are currently 288 stitches on the needle, and another 10 rounds to go before I increase to 576. The children do persist in asking me if I'm knitting a hat; I think they think I'm pulling their legs, claiming it's a shawl. They've seen shawls, and that thing is not a shawl. Just wait, kiddos - Ms. Zimmermann knows of what she speaks!


Here's my Moebius Scarf, still going incognito as a big ole garter-stitch scarf. Talk about dead easy. But there are no color changes to entertain me, so this is my podcast-listenin' scarf. David Reidy or Stephen Fry can entertain me while I knit! (Podcasts are one of the best ideas ever.)


Juno Regina is not hibernating...it is merely having a rest on top of the bookcase. I'm enjoying my completely uncomplicated all-knit-stitch projects so much right now that Juno was able to take an extended vacation. It'll be back, no worries.

Seascape: I've only done 16 rows, thanks to an unbearable attack of startitis about three weeks ago. Cast on! Must...cast...on! I do plan to get back to it at some point, and in the meantime it must be listed as "in progress" because, well, there it is.

Mittens from Halland and Koopa Village Blanket: totally hibernating. But the story of the Big Green Blanket gives us all hope!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Love those projects - especially the Pi Shawl. Variegated yarns are so addictive aren't they?! Love your Jules socks too. :-)