Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One post, two Finished Objects

You gotta be kidding me! I am on a roll with a side of slaw.

First up: the Jaywalker socks.


Started way back in October, they became my Waiting Room Socks for a while, then started getting a bit more attention at home, and now they're all done. This is Knitpicks Felici in the Gelato colorway. I love the ice-cream colors of these socks, and the way the pattern turns the self-striping yarn into self-chevroning yarn.

And next, it's Hermione's Hogsmeade Hat.


My last cast-on of the old year, and loads of fun to knit, although it got a bit fiddly toward the end when I was decreasing on every single round and cabling left and right (well, only left, at the very end). This is Cascade 220 in Ruby, on a 5mm needle. Watch for more Hermione-inspired knits; her cable & eyelet hat from Half Blood Prince is on my list, as are a pair of socks called Hermione's Everyday Socks. She's very stylish, as well as the brightest witch of her age!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Nice work - and a good way to start the new year!

Nana said...

How nice! What a lovely hat, and I especially love the colors in your new socks.