Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Knitting with only one needle

Like Freddie Mercury, I'm only going slightly mad. The main problem is socks. I've been knitting them, a lot, but not in pairs.


I finished a Whitby last week, but didn't feel like starting the second one, so I whipped out a little sparkly socklet real quick.


And then I didn't feel like starting the second sparkly socklet, either, so I cast on a lovely bright pink Hedgerow, and then last night I suddenly found myself knitting the toe of a Chimaera whilst watching the Top Gear blokes work out that, yes, you can play rugby in a Kia Cee'd. (The Cee'd is also pretty good if you're a sodium and eel salesman.)

There is also this, which doesn't look like much yet, but lace never does at first.


This is the shawl I'll be wearing to the wedding in April, if I stop fooling about with not-pairs of socks and finish it in time. The pattern, from the gorgeous book Victorian Lace Today, goes by the melodic name of "Scarf with the No. 20 edging from The Knitted Lace Pattern Book, Thompson Bros., Kilmarnock, Scotland, 1850."

I think I'll call it the Wedding Shawl.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

The Wedding Shawl is very pretty! Why not knit up some socks to match?