Finished within the confines of April: my April shawl, Dream Stripes.
Some of you may have knit this shawl, and you're no doubt thinking, "Huh. Mine doesn't look like that." And you're right. I messed up the lace pattern on the border. It's all sort of ... misplaced. But I messed it up consistently, and there's something to be said for that. I rather like the slight wonkiness it's given to the whole shawl.
And the colors are so fabulous - I did a spectacular job choosing the colors, if I may say so. The yarns are Knitpicks Stroll in Dandelion and Fiber Optic Yarns Foot Notes in Surf's Up, and I used a 4.5mm needle.
Dream Stripes is a terrific pattern; be sure to read the chart carefully. That's what I'll be doing, if I knit it again, which I might.
***
Today marks six years since I accidentally, while looking into the possibility of starting a blog, started a blog. I've had a hell of a lot of fun since then, and there are a lot of posts and projects here that I'm really proud of.
But I believe I'm finished with regular blogging. It's probably obvious - but for the last few months, I haven't been enjoying blogging as much as I used to. And that means I'm probably not much fun to read anymore, either. So today, my sixth blogiversary (gesundheit), I've decided to stop.
I'm going to leave the blog here for as long as Blogger will let me - and many thanks to Blogger for being such a great user-friendly platform. I may even pop back in and say something, or post a picture, once in a while. You never know. I certainly don't.
Thanks for reading, everyone. ♥
1 comment:
good-bye
hope to see you again!
Post a Comment