...and I believe that'll be it for me. I'm coming down off that zigzag high - and just in time, because if the Connor Caps group over at Ravelry is any indication, Connor's school is definitely going to get 200 hats, and maybe more. Good on ya, Beth - you did it!
I just realized that in all my yammering about the zigzags (zigzagzigzagzigzag), I don't think I ever said which yarns I used for the Connor Caps. All three were knit on 5mm needles with the same yarns: Cascade 220 in blue, Plymouth Galway Highland Heathers in grey, and Wool of the Andes in gold.
So. Two months after purchasing it, I finally decided to get a good look at the beautiful orange silk yarn I bought at Wool Gathering. I had been thinking of using it to knit the neck warmer in Tracey Ullman and Mel Clark's book, and even had that in my Ravelry queue - until last night, when I wound one of the hanks into a ball.

Wouldja look at that! It's fingering weight. I had no idea. I will definitely knit Tracey and Mel's neck warmer someday, because it's gorgeous...but it calls for a heavier yarn. This silk will have to become an Abby. And kind of soonish, because it's calling to me. Well, something's calling to me; I'm not sure whether that's the silk or the pattern. One thing's for sure: it's not the kids spilling chocolate milk on the couch. I know the call that comes when that happens ("MMMAAAAAAAAAHHHM!!").
No comments:
Post a Comment