Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Neckwarmers

Just in time for the bone-cracking cold that rolled in overnight, I've finished this:


 London Cowling, a lovely warm thing that will protect your neck (and most of your face, and your ears if you arrange it just so and kind of scrunch up your shoulders) from below-zero wind chills. So much fun to knit that there may be another one in my future, just because. Yay for cowls! My first London Cowling was knit on 5.5mm needles with KnitPicks City Tweed DK in Porpoise.

And last week, while we were between cameras*, I finished up this charming little stashbuster:


Josephine, a fun garter-stitch scarf/shawl/depends how much yarn you have and how big you want to make it. Mine is more of a scarf, and was knit on 4.5mm needles with some leftover sock yarn bits. The purple/yellow is KnitPicks Sock Garden in Pansy; the green/tan is KP Sock Memories in Cape Cod; the blue/yellow is also Sock Garden, in Morning Glory. Sock Garden and Sock Memories are long since discontinued, but both were 100% non-superwash wool, so I wanted to knit the leftovers up into one project rather than mixing them in with superwash wools. You know, so everything has the same washing instructions. And I'm glad I didn't convince myself that the colors don't go together, because 1) I love the way this turned out, and 2) of course they do.

* The old one finally gave up the ghost, and we bought a new one over the weekend. I'm still getting used to the new one, or it's getting used to me, or something. Please stand by!

No comments: