Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ripple

A big blanket in chunky yarn: just the thing to work on in January.


The bigger it gets, the warmer you are while you crochet it (this is why I didn't work on it even a little bit over the summer); and by the way, the cats would appreciate it if you'd stop flipping the damn thing over every ten minutes, they're trying to sleep here.

So there's Ripple, all finished and very, very cozy. It's about 8 feet long and four and a half feet wide - lovely to wrap up in by yourself, but also big enough to spread out and cover all the humans and felines on the couch. I used an 8mm hook, and 8 balls of Lion Brand Homespun - two balls each of Windsor, Mediterranean, Quartz, and this nice bright lavender that I lost the labels for and it appears to be discontinued so I can't tell you what it's called.

No comments: