Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday

When I woke up this morning, my left hand was all numb. I figured I'd just slept funny on it, and waited for the feeling to come back.

I'm still waiting. Some internet research indicates I've either strained a nerve (probably a repetitive motion injury), or it's a stroke, or cancer. Frankly I'm going with the repetitive motion injury, which means I have to rest my left hand today. This means no knitting, of course, and that's a bummer because I wanted to start my second Fawkes sock.


Here's the first one (paired with a Doctor Who knee sock - you're mixing your universes, Peach). My friend Pinky gave me this gorgeous yellow-gold yarn for Christmas, and the colorway is called Dumbledore - it had to be Fawkes socks! The yarn is so squishy and lovely. I want to knit, dammit.

But all is not lost - I've been embroidering instead. Embroidery is an entirely right-handed technique for me; all my left hand has to do is hold the hoop, which doesn't appear to be a problem. (I probably ought not to be typing.)


Check out Hammy Hamster! I started him a few days ago, and finished him this morning. Darling. This is Mollie Johanson's pattern, from Issue 21 of Mollie Makes. 

Now to find something else to embroider. Or maybe I'll read, or have a cup of tea, or have a cup of tea and then doze off while reading. I love Saturdays.

1 comment:

Nicky said...

sounds like a perfect saturday to me (bar the hurty thumb)
hope ur better soon.
x