Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Knitting again

My arm was better by Sunday morning, so I cast on the second Fawkes sock, and knit two pattern repeats over the course of the day. And then Sunday night, "Downton Abbey" was on, and I spent two happy hours watching that and working on my Ripple blanket (remember?).

Since then, I have, a bit, fallen victim to yay-for-knitting-I-want-to-knit-everything-in-the-world-right-now, which is something I'm prone to at the beginning of January. I've cast on a London Cowling, twice (the fabric was too loose the first time, bleah), and I think I may finally knit a Honey Cowl, because I got perfect yarn for it for Christmas and also yay for cowls!, and this morning I sat on the floor for 45 minutes and cranked out a mug cozy.


There's an owl on it. I love it. I could get three more out of this ball of yarn (which is KnitPicks Cadena, by the way, in Seraphim), and I might do, because this one is kind of big and only fits on this mug. This is my favorite tea mug (it's half-full of cinnamon tea in that picture), so that's fine, but if I knit it again on smaller needles it would fit on my Morning Coffee Mug, the mug in which I must have my morning coffee or else the whole day is ruined. The mug cozy pattern is by Tanya Antonova, and features in Mollie Makes Issue #21.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Glad you're feeling better ~ love the little owl! Too cute!