Two weeks into the new year, I finally have a finished object to show off.
Fawkes socks completed! They are fabulous. The yarn is Sereknitty, from KnitCoreBuffalo, in the Dumbledore colorway; the needles were, as always, 2.75mm.
I finished up the second sock last night during "Downton Abbey," and the only reason it took me this long is that I have been trying to knit everything in the world, as reported last week. On Saturday it finally occurred to me that if I work on one project at a time, I can finish that project and move on to the next project*, so I buckled down on the socks. Next project: Ripple, for which there is one more ball of allotted yarn. I can turn a ball of Homespun into a stripe of Ripple in a mere two hours. TWO HOURS. I could be working on London Cowling tomorrow if I play my cards right.
This is my third pair of Fawkes; it really is a fantastic pattern, fun to knit, and surprisingly easy to memorize. It just makes so much sense, once you get a good look at what it's doing, and if you're the least bit interested in knitting socks I recommend you have a look at it right away.
* This will not last long. I'm enjoying the momentum while I've got it.
No comments:
Post a Comment